What is Lead Generation? In marketing, the question is conventional. Before understanding lead generation, you must know what the lead means in general, and what it means in marketing. In fact marketing and lead generation are interdependent. If one expresses his interest in your products or services in any way, it generates a lead. Lead generation is important for business promotion. It is a process of attracting and converting an individual or company into leads. That means lead initiates a consumer’s interest or inquiry into your products or services.
Lead Generation is important for marketing your product or services. Leads can be generated through various ways. The most popular ways are through the Internet, personal referrals, telephone calls either by the company or telemarketers, advertisements, and events. One research shows that 89% of respondents cited email as the most-used channel for generating leads. The ways are content marketing, search engine, and events.
Leads for business promotion:
Lead meaning is totally associated with marketing a business. It was already mentioned above that marketing and lead generation are interdependent. In the lead definition, it is learned that a lead is the information whether the contact information or demographic information of a customer who expresses interest in your products or services. Leads are generally two types in the lead generation market: sales leads and marketing leads.
Sales leads: Sales leads are gained based on the demographic information such as age, FICO score, income, psychographic, household income, etc. A marketer obtains leads not only for his business he can also resell leads, which he obtained, to multiple advertisers. The sales force generally collects the information through phone calls to obtain leads, the sales leads. The organizations that are engaged with the business relating to mortgage, insurance and finance aspects use these sales leads. So these organizations should know different ways to generate sales leads. This article is enough for learning those ways. To know about lead generation, reading this article will help you learn all about leads.
Marketing leads: Marketing leads are obtained based on brand-specific information which is used as a unique advertiser offer. One thing is different comparing with the sales leads – the sales leads can be sold only once. This is because increasing lead generation requires transparency. Marketing lead campaigns should optimize through mapping leads to the respective sources. To grow a business creating marketing leads is essential which collect your best customers’ contact information.
What does Online Lead Generation mean?
Online Lead Generation is an internet marketing term that refers to generation of prospective consumers’ interest or inquiry into your business products or services through the Internet. If a visitor discovers your business through one of your marketing channels (i.e. websites, blogs, or social media pages), you can form an effective lead generation. Leads can be generated for a variety of purposes: list building, e-newsletter list acquisition, building out reward programs, loyalty programs or for other member acquisition programs.
Online lead generation strategies:
From above discussions, you can clearly understand how much important the lead generation is in marketing products or services of your business. So you, as a marketer, should learn different strategies to generate high quality leads. You will find here below the most important online lead generation strategies which you can apply to gain the high quality leads for your products or services.
Best Online Lead Generation tricks:
Generating quality leads depends on your taking up some effective tricks. Remember that if you gain the high quality leads, there will be better chances they will convert into your happy customers. From a tactical perspective, you should take up some tricks to gain quality leads. If you use one of the channels discussed above, you can apply Call-to-Action (CTA) to generate leads. A CTA may be an image, a button, or a message linked directly to a landing page on your site that calls visitors to take some sort of action. If any action is made, your site generates a lead. A call to action (CTA) is a dictate to audience/visitors to incite an immediate response using an imperative phrase such as “call now“, “find out more” or “visit a store today” etc.
However, you can apply the trick either from your websites, blogs, and social media pages, or buying online advertising on others’ channels. Online advertising uses the Internet to deliver promotional marketing messages to visitors. The message contains a Call-to-Action (CTA) linked directly to the landing page on your site that calls visitors to take some sort of action. If any action is made, your site generates a lead for which you, as an advertiser, have to pay. In the online advertising market, three main pricing models are:
- Cost Per Thousand, also known as cost per mille (CPM) means an advertiser pays each time an ad is displayed. This term indicates the price of 1,000 advertisement impressions on one webpage. CPM refers to the cost or expense incurred for every thousand potential customers who view the advertisement(s).
- Cost Per Click (CPC) is an internet advertising model that is used to direct traffic to websites. In CPC, an advertiser pays a publisher (publishing website owner) when the ad is clicked. CPC advertising overcomes the problem that exists in the CPM pricing.
- Cost Per Action (CPA) advertising lessens the risk of CPM and CPC advertising by charging only when an specific action is made. For this, there are two options: Cost Per Lead (CPL) advertising and Cost Per Action (CPA) advertising (i.e. affiliate marketing). Online Lead generation is a process of attracting and converting a visitor into the leads providing an offer. Visitors willingly provide their information in exchange of the offer, and leads are generated. In CPA campaigns, the advertiser typically pays for a completed sale involving a credit card transaction.
Landing Page: This page is not like other normal website pages on your site. A visitor often lands on the landing page for a particular purpose. This page is used for various purposes; one of its most frequent uses is to generate leads. A landing page is a particular page that contains valuable information about a particular offer and a form to download that offer. If visitors use this form to receive the offer, a lead will be generated.
- Forms: Forms are mainly hosted on landing pages of the websites so that visitors can easily get their expected item(s) using that forms. A Form consists of a series of fields which are used to collect information of visitors in exchange of an important item that visitors expect from your site. You can’t gain leads without these forms.
- Offer: You can put an offer on the landing page providing a valuable item which will be an expectation of your visitors. The offer must have enough value to your visitors so that they willingly provide their personal or company information in exchange of the offer. Offers include ebooks, whitepapers, free consultations, coupons and product demonstrations.
Social media: With the development of social media sites, it has been used by organizations and individuals to generate leads or gain business promotion. Individuals or businesses are using social media sites like LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook to market their new products and services. You can utilize social media for lead generation.